Getting Around

Friday, September 3, 2010

The first week is over

Wow.  The first week of classes is over.  The first two days were exhausting.  Sitting in class all day is just not my thing regardless of how interested I am.  My hips were sore after day 1 just from all the sitting.  The third day we had some interesting field trips and then the last two days I’ve spent on getting caught up at home and getting started on school work.

On the field trip we started at a local elementary school.  It was weird just walking into rooms to observe for a few minutes.  It’s a small school, so I really felt that we were intrusive even though we were very quiet and the teachers were welcoming.  I got to see a few of my preschool friends though, so that was nice.  They look so grown-up now!

Our second stop was a charity that gives school supplies to teachers for their students who can’t afford them as well as gives teachers materials for their classrooms and for special projects.  I think some of my cohort mates were a little surprised by how much of their own money teachers spend for their students and classrooms.  This charity will be a great resource if I end up in the public schools, where plenty of kids can’t bring in their own school supplies.

Our last stop was at our fabulous local library.  I love the place and spend a lot of time there, so I didn’t really learn anything new.

I’m just glad to have survived.  I don’t think the workload will be too terrible, but only time will tell.

As a bonus I got my e-mail that stated I’m all set to sub at the public schools today.  Hopefully I can do some of that to make up for not having a regular job.

No comments:

Post a Comment