Getting Around

Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Joyful Kindergarten

I recently got to substitute teach in a local private Kindergarten. It's attached to a preschool with an emergent curriculum philosophy. I must say, I truly enjoyed it. The room was noisy and there was some difficulty moving between the few activities that were planned, but the children were, in a word, joyful. They were excited about everything they were doing. They wanted to show me, to help me, to ask me questions. And yes, they did work on phonics skills and calendar skills, and math skills, but they also worked on social skills, and fine motor skills, and gross motor skills, and imagination skills as well. It was only half a day, but I'd love to go back. I want to see how much they'll grow throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment