Getting Around

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Achievement Unlocked: Employment (Part-Timer)

So, I've managed to get a job offer, which I've taken. Beggars can't be choosers these days. I'll be teaching math for two periods at a local middle school. This will give me lots of time to really think about how to improve what I'm doing on a daily basis rather than trying to squeeze it in between mad prep/grading sessions. At least that's what I'm hoping.

The school involved has been great so far. While I have no clue about the district's pacing guide yet, I have a couple of welcome e-mails and an offer to go out and get acquainted over iced tea next week. As school starts in two weeks I'm hoping to start planning ASAP, but I'll take what I can get.

There's a small chance I'll get an extra period of remedial reading and I might get to work with the Science Olympiad team, but I'll have to wait a bit to find out about those. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment