Getting Around

Friday, July 20, 2012

Job Applications and Interviews

The public school system here has an online job system. It's very handy in the sense that you only have to fill in all the information once and it's ready and waiting for you to submit to each job in which you have an interest. Unfortunately, it doesn't really make you stand out in any way.

So, several friends in the school system have recommended that I walk my resume around to all the schools in the area. That's my plan this week, since it's the week that principals are supposed to be back in their schools full time.

I've had a grand total of two interviews so far, with another one coming up on Monday. I'm trying very hard to take the attitude that the right thing will happen at the right time, but it's easy to feel impatient. The school year begins in 3 weeks, and if I am to have a job for this year I'd like to have at least a little summer prep time. I am also trying to remind myself to be grateful for these interview opportunities. After all, most applicants aren't getting any interviews at all.

I've got all my ducks in a row for subbing this year as well. The Subfinder system comes online in about a week and a half, so I'll have the jump on anyone who hasn't done their universal precautions refresher yet.

Well, back to prepping for Monday's interview. I'm nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment