Getting Around

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I'm Organized???

With all the hoopla about interactive notebooks going through the twitterblogosphere these days, I decided that I was going to do them with my 7th grade math class this year. Today was the big day where I walked them through my interactive notebook and we did a foldable, thanks to the stuff posted by other wonderful math teachers at  http://msmathwiki.pbworks.com/w/page/54604356/Interactive%20Notebooks%20Like%20A%20Pro.

In addition to the notebooks, I also used this great communication idea for the first week: https://hsimmons32.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/ms-sunday-funday-1/.  Today, one student commented to me on his name card that this is the most organized math class ever.  Overlooking the fact that "organized" was badly butchered spelling-wise, I'm floored.  I'm fairly organized at work and some adults have the strange impression that I'm organized, but no child in his or her right mind has ever called anything I did organized.

I'm not sure I can live up to that expectation...

No comments:

Post a Comment