Getting Around

Thursday, July 11, 2013

It's Clear Math Teachers are Feeling Rested When...

they start blogging again.  Either that, or they all went to Twitter Math Camp and this is their homework.  Amazing how many posts have gone up in the last week or so.  It's nice to hear all the voices again.

I love it.  My mentor and I have already started setting out our plan for the next year.  It's so refreshing to work with someone who doesn't love a pacing guide.  We've got a mathematical theme (everything's going to be related to basic geometry), a progression that makes some sense, and a plan to try to create a mathematical community that spans across classrooms.  It feels good.

I go back to school in less than a month.  I realize some of you are still working off the end of your years, and I'm a little jealous.  But I'm also excited to be planning!

1 comment:

  1. AH! I love the idea of a mathematical community! I wish my school would adopt such practices.

    Welcome back to blogging, I love it too, when teachers come out of their hole and start talking about what they have read, or built, or designed for their classroom!!!!!!!

    Jameson
    Lessons With Coffee 

    ReplyDelete