- I am still in a science classroom, but I teach math and business. I have to shuffle off to the computer lab for two periods for business, but it's a lot less work than teaching science.
- I now have TABLES (yay!) in my room instead of desks. The kids hate them. I love them. I don't use the back of the science room right now because I got tired of having to micro-manage behavior. I'll get back to it one of these days.
- We are now using Instructure's Canvas for our LMS. I miss Schoology, but I like that everyone's using the same thing. No one's missing My Big Campus, which I dumped after a few tries.
- 1-to-1 iPads. Crazy. We only got them just before Thanksgiving so it's still new.
- I have become the departmental data person, along with one of the new teachers. It's fun, but takes a lot of time. I do love me some good data though.
- I am participating in a teacher study group at Local U about differentiating math instruction. I am trying new things and learning a lot from some very smart educators in the area.
- A year and a half ago my state dumped Common Core. So much fun's been had since then.
Anyway, not sure how much I'll post, but I feel like it might be good for me to get out here again.